Re: Viewing TEXT objects

From: mad rug <mad(dot)rug(dot)f(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Viewing TEXT objects
Date: 2009-09-30 20:48:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yes, that's how Ray said.

"88352" is not the data I have in that entry, it is some plain text data.
This data can be quite large, so I use TEXT instead of CHAR/VARCHAR.

I'm puzzled how can this seem like some unusual situation... I thought that
it was the way pgAdmin returned large objects (to avoid big unecessary loads
or filling the screen with data that most of the time is not essential), and
so it was only a matter of calling some function or changing some pgAdmin
preference, but none of you seem to have experienced this before.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!