Re: Getting column names/types from select query?

From: "Wesley Aptekar-Cassels" <me(at)wesleyac(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting column names/types from select query?
Date: 2021-01-20 17:38:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Where do you need this information?

I'm writing some code that takes a given query, and generates type-safe bindings for it, so people can write SQL queries and get structs (or vectors of structs) out the other end. So I'm pretty flexible about where I get it, given that it'll be part of my build/codegen process. I hadn't seen libpq yet, I'll look into that — thanks!