Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes

From: bt21tanigaway <bt21tanigaway(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes
Date: 2021-10-12 05:17:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> The previous patch was failing because of the recent test changes made
> by commit 201a76183e2 which unified new and get_new_node, attached
> patch has the changes to handle the changes accordingly.
> Thanks for your update!
> I have two comments.

1.Do we need “set_backtrace(NULL, 0);” on “HandleMainLoopInterrupts()”?
I could observe that it works correctly without this. It is written on
“HandleAutoVacLauncherInterrupts” as well, but I think it is necessary
to prevent delays as well as [1].

2.The patch seems to forget to handle
“ereport(LOG,(errmsg("logging backtrace of PID %d", MyProcPid)));” on
“HandleAutoVacLauncherInterrupts” and “HandleMainLoopInterrupts()”.
I think it should be the same as the process on “ProcessInterrupts()”.

3.How about creating a new function.
Since the same process is on three functions( “ProcessInterrupts()”,
“HandleAutoVacLauncherInterrupts”, “HandleMainLoopInterrupts()” ), I
think it’s good to create a new function.

Regards,
Koyu Tanigawa