Re: initdb: failed

From: Adam Lang <raider(dot)adam(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb: failed
Date: 2004-07-26 20:33:42
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm now going by this:
http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.4.README

I am trying the first simple way to get the program started and if I
can get that, figure I try the NT service route.

When I try to initialize the database, I get:

creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /var/postgresql/data/base/1... Signal 12

initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/var/postgresql/data"

I installed the cygwin files, restarted the computer to make sure
nothing was running and then went through the steps and I still get
this. I am really lost, especially since no log files are generating.