initdb: failed

From: Adam Lang <raider(dot)adam(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb: failed
Date: 2004-07-26 15:48:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I have spent several days trying tofind the cause of this on google,
but I am stumped.

Thsi is the article I was using as a guideline:
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1233

I am running on Windows 2000 professional. ipc-daemon2 seems to start
fien in the service window.

The problem is when I log into windows as postgres. I rin the initdb
-D command, it runs through its checks and then says initdb fails
saying there is a lock file on the existing PID. There is no
postmaster process runnign. I delete out the data directory to make
sure there is no pid file, rerun initdb -D again and same thing.

The versions of the software are the latest. I just downloaded them a
coupel days ago.
--
Let us not then pursue
By force impossible, by leave obtained