Maximum number of connections

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Maximum number of connections
Date: 2003-04-24 13:17:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

we have just started using Postgres and now I'm receiving an error

Backend start-up failed: FATAL: Sorry, too many clients already

when trying to connec to our Postgres server through JDBC.

How can I increase the number of possible clients (at this point there
where 10 connections) without recompiling Postgres???

Any help appreciated!

Cheers
Thomas