Re: Add items to a record variable

From: "Postgres User" <postgres(dot)developer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "eddy sanchez" <eddysan(at)udabol(dot)edu(dot)bo>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add items to a record variable
Date: 2007-03-02 04:48:00
Lists: pgsql-general

If you need to return a record to another function or client program,
you can always use this sytnax:

SELECT var_a::integer, var_b::integer, var_c::integer... etc

where var_a, var_b, etc and local variables that hold your calculated values.

You dont need to create a local record structure- select will do that
for you. The '::integer' will ensure that the values are typecast as
integers.