pg_dump does not refresh matviews from extensions

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump does not refresh matviews from extensions
Date: 2017-02-21 19:54:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think $SUBJECT is a bug. While it would be unusual for an extension to
have a matview, it's still allowed, and as it stands right now that view
won't be refreshed at the end of a restore, unlike other matviews.

I started looking into a patch for this, but I'm not sure of the best
way to handle it. One possibility is to glom this in with the code that
handles extension config tables, but that doesn't feel right since
matviews aren't really config.

Would the best option be to change selectDumpableTable(), but I suspect
that'd have to use the same "dumpobj" logic that
processExtensionTables() uses.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)