From: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date: 2023-06-30 06:09:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Kuroda-san,

On 6/29/23 12:22 PM, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu) wrote:
> Dear Drouvot,
>
> Hi, I'm also interested in the feature. Followings are my high-level comments.
> I did not mention some detailed notations because this patch is not at the stage.
> And very sorry that I could not follow all of this discussions.

Thanks for looking at it and your feedback!

All I've done so far is to provide a re-based version in April of the existing patch.

I'll have a closer look at the code, at your feedback and Amit's one while working on the new version that will:

- take care of slot invalidation
- ensure that synchronized slot cant' be consumed until the standby gets promoted

as discussed up-thread.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot