where EXEC_BACKEND is defined

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: where EXEC_BACKEND is defined
Date: 2020-03-20 15:24:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I noticed that when you want to define EXEC_BACKEND, perhaps to do some
non-Windows testing of that option, it's not clear how to do that. I
would have expected it in pg_config_manual.h, but it's actually in
configure.in and in MSBuildProject.pm. So if you want to define it
yourself, you kind of have to make up your own way to do it.

I don't see why this should be like that. I propose the attached patch
to move the thing to pg_config_manual.h.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Define-EXEC_BACKEND-in-pg_config_manual.h.patch text/plain 3.6 KB