Re: meson: Non-feature feature options

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: meson: Non-feature feature options
Date: 2023-03-01 15:52:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 24.02.23 14:01, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. I updated the ssl patch and if you like
> changes, I can apply the same logic to uuid.

Maybe we can make some of the logic less nested. Right now there is

if sslopt != 'none'

if not ssl.found() and sslopt in ['auto', 'openssl']

I think at that point, ssl.found() is never true, so it can be removed.
And the two checks for sslopt are nearly redundant.

At the end of the block, there is

# At least one SSL library must be found, otherwise throw an error
if sslopt == 'auto' and auto_features.enabled()
error('SSL Library could not be found')
endif
endif

which also implies sslopt != 'none'. So I think the whole thing could be

if sslopt in ['auto', 'openssl']

endif

if sslopt == 'auto' and auto_features.enabled()
error('SSL Library could not be found')
endif

both at the top level.

Another issue, I think this is incorrect:

+ openssl_required ? error('openssl function @0@ is
required'.format(func)) : \
+ message('openssl function @0@ is
required'.format(func))

We don't want to issue a message like this when a non-required function
is missing.