Re: Method to detect certain characters in column?

From: "Ian Meyer" <ianmmeyer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Method to detect certain characters in column?
Date: 2008-06-24 04:48:38
Lists: pgsql-general

That's entirely possible.. which is the reason for cleanup.. we're
moving to a model where members can be queried by name, and UTF-8
isn't allowed in URLs, so we need to rename/remove users with those
types of names. A lot of these members are from years ago where we
were on mysql with not enough experience to sanity check everything,
or do things as we're doing now.

And yeah, that's how the names are. People got crafty.

*shrugs*

thanks again for all the help everyone!