Re: logical replication - still unstable after all these months

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logical replication - still unstable after all these months
Date: 2017-05-28 10:44:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2017-05-26 15:59, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Hmm, I was under the impression that the changes we proposed in the
> snapbuild thread fixed your issues, does this mean they didn't? Or the
> modified versions of those that were eventually committed didn't? Or
> did
> issues reappear at some point?

Here is a bit of info:

Just now (using Mark Kirkwood's version of my test) I had a session
logging this:

unknown relation state "w"

which I had never seen before.

This is column srsubstate in pg_subscription_rel.

That session completed successfully ('replica ok'), so it's not
necessarily a problem.

grepping through my earlier logs (of weeks of intermittent test-runs), I
found only one more (timestamp 20170525_0125). Here it occurred in a
failed session.

No idea what it means. At the very least this value 'w' is missing from
the documentation, which only mentions:
i = initalize
d = data copy
s = synchronized