GreSQL 1.0.0 Alpha (SQL Server compatible RDBMS) released

From: info(at)redgres(dot)com
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GreSQL 1.0.0 Alpha (SQL Server compatible RDBMS) released
Date: 2011-12-08 12:55:50
Lists: pgsql-announce

GreSQL 1.0.0 Alpha (SQL Server compatible RDBMS) released

We're excited to announce GreSQL 1.0.0 Alpha is released.

GreSQL is a full-fledged RDBMS which has SQL Server compatibility which
based on PostgreSQL. SQL Server oriented application can run on our
product seamless, both SQL and T-SQL program and stored procedures can be
executed on our platform with minimum modification. It helps customers
migrate their applications to an opensource and much more robust platform.

We had migrated a popular forum (DiscuzzNT) and a popular CMS (Dotnetnuke)
to GreSQL, the results show that 90% of the code can be migrated without
modifications.

This is an alpha version for preview and trial, we are developing
full-fledge version and it will be released soon.

* Download
----------
http://www.redgres.com/web/content/download

* Features
----------
- Based on PostgreSQL 9.0
- Compatible with SQL Server 2005
- Support SQL Server data types, functions, T-SQL Grammar
- Support T-SQL stored procedure
- Totally compatible with SQL Server .NET provider
- One click migration toolkit

* Supported Platform
----------------------
- Redhat 5.x

* License
---------
- Currently this software is close source software, the alpha version is
free to be download and used.

* How It Work
---------------
Based on PostgreSQL, we had added new modules: the procedure Language
handler for TSQL which can run the stored procedures of MSSQL, a separated
parser for TSQL dialect syntax, the data types and functions of MSSQL
which PG is missing, and a DotNet provider which have the same interface
with SQL Server DotNet provider.

For detail please refer to this slide: Migration Demo
http://www.redgres.com/download/Gresql%20Demo%20Introduction.pdf

If you have any question, please contact: info(at)redgres(dot)com

Best Regards
--
Gres team
www.redgres.com