Re: How to setup PostgreSQL to work with libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2?

From: PMC OS <pmcos-support(at)freenet(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to setup PostgreSQL to work with libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2?
Date: 2010-08-25 06:18:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Good morning,

We are only 20 persones in total and do not have the need to handel several 100 or 1000 requests in a short time

Also since we do much more with the database we need it anyway and LDAP would get its data from PostgreSQL... because I do not like to maintain two systems at once which can do the same job.

Have now installed slapd on my OMAP L138 but now it has crashed the kernel and I cna not more boot the server because it want o init slapd and crash.

> Even if you're not using Samba, the smbldap-tools provide handy
> commands
> to manage users in the LDAP directory,

How does this manage the user accountts and there homes?
It does not seem to create $HOME and copy the files from /etc/skel which I have already prepared...

> and the debian
> ldap-auth-client
> package provides a convenient way to configure a client to
> authenticate
> against the directory.

I have not found this package

apt-cache show ldap-auth-client
W: Kann Paket ldap-auth-client nicht finden
E: Keine Pakete gefunden

> Even via "psql -h 192.168.0.3" ?

Now it works... (see other mail) I was not able to conenct as "root" and had to create an other user "system" and now I can connect

Have a nice day

Exklusiv: Neue E-Mail-Adresse @iPhone.de jetzt verfügbar!
Sichern Sie sich jetzt ihre persönliche http://www.iphone.de/iphonemail/index.html?pid=10111947021