How do sqlservers work!

From: "wmac" <wmac(at)host111(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do sqlservers work!
Date: 2003-02-27 15:36:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I had posted this in "novice" group but as I did not get any reply I am
posting again here.

I am working on a small article (educational article as a part of my
course) about SQL servers and I have some general questions and I'll
appereciate if someone can answer. (just small replies so that I can
find my way and look for more info).

1- How do SQL servers put datas in files? I am a C Programmer and I have
developped programs for MySQL/MSSQL/Oravle/PostgreSQL.

2- Is there a verys small SQL server that I can take a look at some
parts of the code and I can have a view of their structure?

3- Can you give me some advice on how can I gather enough information to
be able to develop a very very small SQL server with just 4 commands
(doing simple SELECT, INSERT, CREATE DATABASE and CREATE TABLE with
simple options).

I want to work on this for my M.Sc project.

Regards,
Mac
--
Indy Programming Forums: http://onlineprogrammer.org/forums