Re: enable_incremental_sort changes query behavior

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: rbrooks <rbrooks(at)ctrlv(dot)ca>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: enable_incremental_sort changes query behavior
Date: 2021-03-01 22:23:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/1/21 8:23 PM, rbrooks wrote:
> Just a bump to see if there is a time frame for a fix on this.
>
> Google Cloud doesn't yet support setting the *enable_incremental_sort * flag
> yet.
> Was able to temporarily resolve by running the following though:
>
> ALTER DATABASE corpdb SET enable_incremental_sort TO OFF;
>
> Hope this helps others until the core issue has been resolved.

I don't follow - all fixes in this thread were committed - that's why
it's marked like that in the CF app. And thus it should be in the recent
13.2 release.

I don't know what version is currently supported by Google Cloud, maybe
they haven't upgraded their PostgreSQL version yet.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company