Re: What is the best way to storage music files in Postgresql

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What is the best way to storage music files in Postgresql
Date: 2008-03-18 17:44:48
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 18/03/2008, Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au> wrote:
> Isn't a 10 or 24 spindle RAID 5 array awfully likely to encounter a
> double disk failure (such as during the load imposed by rebuild onto a
> spare) ?

I never said that we actually USED that set-up. I just said
I did extensive testing with varied RAID-setups. ;} We did go
with the 10 in the end because of that very consideration.

It's just that the mantra "RAID5 = slow writes" isn't quite true.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.