Re: Trouble running PostgreSQL server / Server must be started under certain locale.

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Trouble running PostgreSQL server / Server must be started under certain locale.
Date: 2008-02-27 19:34:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On 28/02/2008, Olmec Sinclair <olmec(at)cleanweb(dot)co(dot)nz> wrote:
Hello again!

And please remember to hit reply-to-all so everyone on the
list sees what you're saying. Also please note that top-posting
is frowned upon here. :)

> I am running postgres on Ubuntu 7.10 (recent convert from windows) and I
> think my previous version of postgresql was 8.2

> Last night I un installed 8.3 and reinstalled 8.2 but now I can't get that
> to start.... so I'm not making much progress. The problem is I don't really
> know what I am doing :)
By which means did you do the installation/un-install of both versions?
What data-directory is/was which version using?

> I am learning slowly though.
>
> Olmec
Cheers from sunny Wellington,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.