Re: Debian problem...

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tino Wildenhain" <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
Cc: "Postgres General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debian problem...
Date: 2007-09-12 17:59:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On 9/12/07, Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de> wrote:

> Alternatively you could use XFS but I'm not sure if it performs
> better on failing hardware. I guess not.
Actually I've seen anecdotal evidence that XFS with its
aggressive write-caching has caused data-loss in the
event of power-failures.

I'm not certain how sensible Reiser, which is optimised
for efficiency with small files, would be for a postgres
data directory in terms of performance. ext3 or jfs
maybe?

> Regards
> Tino
Cheers,