Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: john_sm <john_smith3853(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment
Date: 2007-08-17 22:37:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/14/07, john_sm <john_smith3853(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> Hey guys, for an enterprise wide deployment, what will you
> suggest and why among - Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux and
> Ubuntu Linux, also, do you think, we can negotiate the
> support pricing down?
For all it's worth: my personal experiences with RH support
were shocking, to say the least, and I can't fathom why
anyone would want to pay for it.

If you have in-house linux expertise, choose whatever they're
familiar with. If you don't - find a local company that can give
you support and use what they're familiar with. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Andrej