Default gucs for EXPLAIN

From: Vik Fearing <vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Default gucs for EXPLAIN
Date: 2020-05-23 09:14:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is a patch to provide default gucs for EXPLAIN options.

I have two goals with this patch. The first is that I personally
*always* want BUFFERS turned on, so this would allow me to do it without
typing it every time.

The second is it would make it easier to change the actual default for
settings if we choose to do so because users would be able to switch it
back if they prefer.

The patch is based off of a995b371ae.
--
Vik Fearing

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-default-settings-for-EXPLAIN-options.patch text/x-patch 18.1 KB