Re: Logical replication - TRAP: FailedAssertion in pgstat.c

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logical replication - TRAP: FailedAssertion in pgstat.c
Date: 2017-05-03 11:23:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2017-05-03 08:17, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> On 02/05/17 20:43, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Peter Eisentraut

>>> code path that calls CommitTransactionCommand() should have one, no?
>>
>> Is there anything left to be committed here?
>>

> Afaics the fix was not committed. Peter wanted more comprehensive fix
> which didn't happen. I think something like attached should do the job.

I'm running my pgbench-over-logical-replication test in chunk of 15
minutes, wth different pgbench -c (num clients) and -s (scale) values.

With this patch (and nothing else) on top of master (8f8b9be51fd7 to be
precise):

> fix-statistics-reporting-in-logical-replication-work.patch

logical replication is still often failing (as expected, I suppose; it
seems because of "inital snapshot too large") but indeed I do not see
the 'TRAP: FailedAssertion in pgstat.c' anymore.

(If there is any other configuration of patches worth testing please let
me know)

thanks

Erik Rijkers