Re: security_definer_search_path GUC

From: "Joel Jacobson" <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, "Marko Tiikkaja" <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
Subject: Re: security_definer_search_path GUC
Date: 2021-05-30 07:30:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 30, 2021, at 08:51, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> Maybe this is out of scope for extensions, since I guess extensions are supposed to add features?
>
> If so, how about a new separate command `CREATE REDUCTION` specifically to remove unwanted core features,
> which then wouldn't need the "no_" prefix since it would be implicit and in a different namespace:

Another idea would be to extract features that are considered deprecated/legacy into separate extensions,
and ship them pre-installed for compatibility reasons,
but this would allow uninstalling them using DROP EXTENSION,
similar to how e.g. "plpgsql" which is a pre-installed extension can be uninstalled.

(Except I wouldn't want to uninstall plpgsql, I think it's great! But I note it's the only pre-installed extension shipped with PostgreSQL, so it's a good example on the concept.)

/Joel