basic access problem on W2K

From: "Grzegorz Nowak" <grzegorz(dot)nowak(at)wp(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: basic access problem on W2K
Date: 2003-01-31 22:29:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there!

I installed PGSQL downloaded from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pgsql/
I can start the server, enter command line, create and drop databases and
tables.

However, I CANNOT ACCESS PGSQL from any other application (BC++ Builder, MS
Access,
ISO PGSQL,...).

I specified port 5423 as the database port.
For now, I am fine with running tha database
as localhost, but I would prefer to have it accessible from the network.

Can somebody help ? How do I get access to PGSQL from any other software ?

Thanks!
Greg