Re: BUG #14873: table_constraint description missing in ALTER TABLE synopsis

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: postgresql(at)arkhena(dot)33mail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14873: table_constraint description missing in ALTER TABLE synopsis
Date: 2017-10-27 00:49:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello.

On 2017/10/26 18:44, postgresql(at)arkhena(dot)33mail(dot)com wrote:

> Bug reference: 14873
> Logged by: Lætitia AVROT
> Email address: postgresql(at)arkhena(dot)33mail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 10.0
> Operating system: All
>
> Hi,
>
> I've seen that in the ALTER TABLE synopsis, the table_constraint definition
> is missing. It's not really a bug, as it may be found in the CREATE TABLE
> synopsis (and will find it there), but it might be a great idea to add it.

I too had wondered about this once. Although, you might have noticed in
Description that the CREATE TABLE page is linked in the the first sentence
of the paragraph describing the ADD table_constraint sub-command:

ADD table_constraint [ NOT VALID ]

This form adds a new constraint to a table using the same syntax as CREATE
TABLE, ...

Thanks,
Amit