Setting owner for all tables

From: Chris McKinney <nowaydown1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting owner for all tables
Date: 2009-02-10 14:18:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello all,

I'm using a template database as the base for new database creation. The
user executing this command is a superuser. Here's the SQL statement that
I'm using for creating new databases:

CREATE DATABASE mynewdatabase OWNER someuser TEMPLATE mytemplatedb ENCODING
'UTF8'.

I noticed that all the tables still seem to be owned by the user that
created the template database initially which isn't what I expected. Is
there a step that I'm missing that will allow me to have all the tables /
functions / etc ownership changed also? I'm running postgresql-8.1.

Thanks!