Memory profiling in postgreSQL

From: "Rafaqat Ali" <smoken0(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Memory profiling in postgreSQL
Date: 2006-02-20 10:51:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all .
Can anyon eplz tell me how memory profiling is done in postgreSQL. I
read on a website I don't remember now that postgres creates a file
pgsql/data/base/dbname and stores memory profiling information in it.
postgres creates a folder with integer name in pgsql/base/ and in that
folder a binary file was when I run postmaster.
I want to know where does postgres save memory profiling information in
human readable format.
Thanx in advanc.
Regards
Rafaqat Ali