Re: Problem with gdal

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with gdal
Date: 2020-11-13 22:36:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On Thu, 2020-11-12 at 10:16 +0000, Kieran McCusker wrote:
> I am using the github repo pramsey/pgsql-ogr-fdw to build a command
> lin utilit ogr_fdw_info which reads things like excel spreadsheets
> and generates foreign table definitions for them.

RPMs are available in the same RPM repo, which actually does not have
this issue:

# ldd /usr/pgsql-13/lib/ogr_fdw.so | grep -i proj
libproj.so.19 => /usr/proj72/lib/libproj.so.19 (0x00007fe7df219000)

(Though I know that this package needs more attention from me
nowadays).

> The problem I am having is that when this program ends it errors on:
> free(): invalid pointer
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> I've poked around but am struggling. I believe it is a problem with a
> destructor in proj but don't take my word for it.
>
> After using ldd on ogr_fdw_info I can make the problem disappear by
> doing the following:
>
> rm /lib64/libproj.so.15
> ln -s /usr/proj72/lib/libproj.so.19 /lib64/libproj.so.15
>
> Any help gratefully received

As Magnus pointed out, I worked on this issue a lot in the last 2
weeks. First of all: Please do not remove that symlink. Removing OS-
supplied proj packages is sufficient (if you are building from source,
please also remove proj-devel package that comes from OS. I could not
find the exact cause why it still also links to the OS-supplied Proj,
but until them please remove OS Proj.

-HTH

Regards,

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer