Re: Missing Postgres Database

From: "Webb Sprague" <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bruce, Tim" <tim(dot)bruce(at)fiserv(dot)com>
Cc: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing Postgres Database
Date: 2007-10-04 20:13:45
Lists: pdxpug

It seems like you have a nightmare to support...

One thing worth noting is that psql tries to log into a database with
the same name as the user running psql, but there is no normal reason
that anyone would have created a database called "postgres" in order
to match the user "postgres". It isn't necessary for normal
functioning at all, though the server wants to run as postgres
usually.

-W