Re: Problem with complex outer join expression

From: "Chris Velevitch" <chris(dot)velevitch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with complex outer join expression
Date: 2006-04-27 06:55:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Seems like the problem has something to do with date arithmetic. I
can't seem to add an integer expression to a date constant. It works
if I add a integer constant to a date constant, but that's not what I
want. I tried cast(expression as integer) + date '2006-04-09' but I
get 'ERROR: operator does not exist: integer + date'. What do I need
to do to add a number to a date?

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group