Re: max_fsm_pages, shared_buffers and checkpoint_segments

From: "Y Sidhu" <ysidhu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: max_fsm_pages, shared_buffers and checkpoint_segments
Date: 2007-05-23 16:43:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

I cannot answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
Hehe. I am really trying to get our vacuum times down. The cause of the
problem, I believe, are daily mass deletes. Yes, I am working on performing
vacuums more than once a day. No, I am not considering partitioning the
offending table because a few scripts have to be changed. I am also turning
the knobs as I find them.

Any help is appreciated b'cause "I can't hold er t'gether much longer
kap'n." Sorry, that's the best 'Scotty' I can do this morning.

Yudhvir

--
Yudhvir Singh Sidhu
408 375 3134 cell