Strange behaviour ( function cachable )

From: "Gaetano Mendola" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange behaviour ( function cachable )
Date: 2002-12-18 19:07:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

I wrote some days ago about the behaviour that I notice
if I call a function cachable inside another not cachable,
I was wrong ?
I expected that if a function is cachable and is used
inside a select like:

SELECT * FROM foo WHERE id = my_func( a_param )

then the function my_func is called one for each different value
of a_param. But seems that this behaviour happen only in
stand alone query not if that query is executed inside another function.

Ciao
Gaetano