about missing xml related functionnalities

From: Jean-Paul Jorda <jean-paul(dot)jorda(at)edpsciences(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: about missing xml related functionnalities
Date: 2016-11-02 13:12:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I send this email after reading the xml2 module « Deprecation notice » in
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/xml2.html.

I still use xml2 module for one thing: xslt_process(). We store some
data in xml fields, and we sometime need to correct / upgrade the format.
Being able to apply a xslt transformation is a very efficient way to
achieve that.

So, as far as I'm concerned, xslt transformation appears to be a missing
fuctionnality in the newer api.

Best regards,

Jean-Paul

--