Re: Compatibility of future releases

From: Jeff Boes <jboes(at)nexcerpt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compatibility of future releases
Date: 2002-12-06 21:26:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:15:16 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Gianfranco Masia - Eprom s.r.l. wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I would like to know if between Pg 7.2.3 and next releases there are
>> (or
>> will be) differences as SQL or system tables structures.
>
> Good question. I would look at the release notes for such info:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release.html#RELEASE-7-3

While the release notes are extensive, they are certainly not complete.
I have already learned to my dismay (reported elsewhere) that the system
table 'pg_relcheck' is gone, and 'pg_constraint' has taken over its
function. That information is not covered at the URL listed above.

--
Jeff Boes vox 616.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer fax 616.349.9076