still memory leaks with libpgtcl

From: Gerhard Hintermayer <g(dot)hintermayer(at)inode(dot)at>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: still memory leaks with libpgtcl
Date: 2002-11-26 17:34:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Weird, I thought these were fixed already.

Downloaded 7.2.3 source today, was *a lot* astonished, that the
pg_on_connection_loss and the fix for finding a free connection slot
(PSetResultId) were not in the source tarball.
Fetched latest versions from CVS (both patches included), compiled tcl 8.3.5 and did

set conn [pg_connect template1]
pg_disconnect $conn

in an endless loop, which result's in a constant increase in memory usage.
Has anybody encountered this problem also ?

What went wrong here - the sources in the tarball are oviously old (I submitted
2 patches several month ago, one was a bug fix, ok the other was an enhancement,
but can anybody explain, why at least the bug fix did *not* find it's way to the
tarball , and why are there 2 projects in parallel - libpgtcl and the pgtcl
project - that is only confusing people.

Has anyone experience with pgtcl project, it is still beta, and I'm in a
production environment, so I need really stable stuff.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Hintermayer
http://www.inode.at/g.hintermayer