can Trigger be as real "standalone" program?

From: "Grgory Luguet" <gregory(dot)luguet(at)evidian(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: can Trigger be as real "standalone" program?
Date: 2002-09-26 16:07:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello smart peoples!

Let me expose you my problem : I have been using PostgreSQL for my webapps,
which works fine.
Another app runs using other database managers on their own.
Now we should synchronize our mess : but it is quite a challenge, as our
applications should be heavily rewritten to do this ; so I have been
thinking of a trigger which could be launched at commit time, and would
update each other's tables : O....e does allow this kind of operations (I
can get updated when a O....e db is commited), but does PostgreSQL do the
same?

Thank you in advance for your opinion & advices!
Grgory Luguet