Re: 9.2beta1, parallel queries, ReleasePredicateLocks, CheckForSerializableConflictIn in the oprofile

From: Sergey Koposov <koposov(at)ast(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: 9.2beta1, parallel queries, ReleasePredicateLocks, CheckForSerializableConflictIn in the oprofile
Date: 2012-05-31 15:23:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 31 May 2012, Robert Haas wrote:

> Thanks. How did you generate this perf report? It's cool, because I
> haven't figured out how to make perf generate a report that is easily
> email-able, and it seems you have.

I did pretty much what you have said, e.g.
attached it to running process by
perf record -g -p PID
and then
perf report -g > output

And postgresql was compiled with cflags=-g

> The only trouble is that there's no call stack information here for
> s_lock or PinBuffer, which is what I really want. It seems to have
> spit out call stack information only for the kernel functions, and not
> for user functions.

Yes, I forgot to clean the old binaries when recompiled with cflags=-g.
So not it is fixed. I attach the updated perf report (i.e. the first 10000
lines of it to reduce the file size).

Cheers,

Sergey E. Koposov, PhD, Research Associate
Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge
Madingley road, CB3 0HA, Cambridge, UK
Tel: +44-1223-337-551 Web: http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~koposov/

Attachment Content-Type Size
rep2_.out text/plain 528.6 KB