Re: Bulk inserts into two (related) tables

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bulk inserts into two (related) tables
Date: 2019-05-22 12:40:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 22 May 2019, Francisco Olarte wrote:

> I'm curious, what org_id do you put (manually) to the people? you must
> have some way to match it ( like, say, "I have an organization line,
> followed by lines for people in this organization"

Francisco,

The first data entered was in small chunks so I'd add a few rows to the
organization table, output a file of org_id and org_name, then use the
source data to associate that org_id to the people associated with it.

With this new data source I want to populate the two tables more quickly. I
think the time consuming part is associating people with their organization.
I'll do more thinking about this.

I don't do perl, though.

Thanks,

Rich