Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump
Date: 2011-09-15 20:10:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Andy Colson wrote:

> To restore, you are using: psql dbname < filename correct?

Andy,

Same error.

BTW, what prompted this was my discovery that about 1400 rows with site_id
= GW-22 had a newline appended to that string. Using emac's
search-and-replace I took those off and new that I would probably have
duplicate records when trying to replace the table. But, I did not expect
these errors of extra characters after the last datum or something about
blanks in real columns.

If there's a better way for me to drop the \n versions and elimiate one of
the resulting duplicates, please teach me how and I'll go that route.

Thanks,

Rich