Re: PHP and PostgreSQL 9.0, pg_connect fails to connect

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP and PostgreSQL 9.0, pg_connect fails to connect
Date: 2011-04-27 15:55:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011, Thomas Harold wrote:

> Well, interestingly enough it is SELinux getting in the way, but not
> logging anything. Temporarily disabling SELinux suddenly makes it work.

This is interesting. I don't run SElinux on my Slackware systems, but a
PHP application (CMS Made Simple) fails to load since I upgraded to
postgres-9.0.x from -8.4. I'm not a PHP coder and I'm having a terrible time
trying to figure out what broke. It is something related to the ADOdb layer
trying to connect PHP to postgres.

When I try to invoke the application I see a '404 Not Found' error. I'm
trying to trace this with xdebug but any help from this list would be very
much appreciated.

Rich