From SQLite to Postgres

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: From SQLite to Postgres
Date: 2011-02-16 18:03:21
Lists: pdxpug

I've not done this before so I don't know where the gotcha's might be.

I downloaded a rather huge well log file (that is, a record of all wells
dug after being granted a water right) for another state. Naturally, they
have it as an Access table (.mdb). I used the tool, mdb-sqlite to convert it
to a sqlite3 database, then dumped it from sqlite as a .sql file.

Do I need to massage it in any way before I 'restore' it to a new
database? I will then map the locations in GRASS and build a 3D map of the
bedrock depth.

Tnx,

Rich