Re: [HACKERS] WIP aPatch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] WIP aPatch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Date: 2021-06-23 08:38:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Yugo-san:

# About v12.1

This is a refactoring patch, which creates a separate structure for
holding variables. This will become handy in the next patch. There is also
a benefit from a software engineering point of view, so it has merit on
its own.

## Compilation

Patch applies cleanly, compiles, global & local checks pass.

## About the code

Fine.

I'm wondering whether we could use "vars" instead of "variables" as a
struct field name and function parameter name, so that is is shorter and
more distinct from the type name "Variables". What do you think?

## About comments

Remove the comment on enlargeVariables about "It is assumed …" the issue
of trying MAXINT vars is more than remote and is not worth mentioning. In
the same function, remove the comments about MARGIN, it is already on the
macro declaration, once is enough.

--
Fabien.