Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Gregory Smith <gregsmithpgsql(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, david(dot)christensen(at)crunchydata(dot)com
Subject: Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes
Date: 2021-06-22 10:06:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bonjour Michaël,

>> If this were core server code threatening data integrity I would be
>> inclined to be more strict, but after all pg_bench is a utility program,
>> and I think we can allow a little more latitude.
>
> +1. Let's be flexible here. It looks better to not rush a fix, and
> we still have some time ahead.

Attached an updated v8 patch which adds (reinstate) an improved TAP test
which would have caught the various regressions on logs.

Given that such tests were removed once before, I'm unsure whether they
will be acceptable, despite that their usefulness has been clearly
demonstrated. At least it is for the record. Sigh:-(

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-log-fix-8.patch text/x-diff 8.3 KB