Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Gregory Smith <gregsmithpgsql(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, david(dot)christensen(at)crunchydata(dot)com
Subject: Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes
Date: 2021-06-17 20:53:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Thomas,

> I prepared a draft revert patch for discussion, just in case it comes
> in handy. This reverts "pgbench: Improve time logic.", but "pgbench:
> Synchronize client threads." remains (slightly rearranged).

I had a quick look.

I had forgotten that this patch also fixed the long-running brain-damaged
tps computation that has been bothering me for years, so that one sane
performance figure is now reported instead of two not-clear-to-interpret
take-your-pick figures.

It would be a real loss if this user-facing fix is removed in the
process:-(

--
Fabien.