Re: pgbench: option delaying queries till connections establishment?

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com
Subject: Re: pgbench: option delaying queries till connections establishment?
Date: 2020-11-14 15:53:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Marina,

>> 1) It looks like pgbench will no longer support Windows XP due to the
>> function DeleteSynchronizationBarrier. From
>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/synchapi/nf-synchapi-deletesynchronizationbarrier
>>
>> Minimum supported client: Windows 8 [desktop apps only]
>> Minimum supported server: Windows Server 2012 [desktop apps only]

Thanks for the test and precise analysis!

Sigh.

I do not think that putting such version requirements are worth it just
for the sake of pgbench.

In the attached version, I just comment out the call and add an
explanation about why it is commented out. If pg overall version
requirements are changed on windows, then it could be reinstated.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-A-usec-3.patch text/x-diff 33.8 KB
pgbench-B-barrier-7.patch text/x-diff 4.6 KB