Re: pgbench - rework variable management

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench - rework variable management
Date: 2020-03-27 22:25:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Patch v5 is a rebase with some adjustements.
>
> This patch is failing on the Windows build:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/build/1.0.85698
>
> I'm not sure if this had been fixed in v3 and this is a new issue or if it
> has been failing all along. Either way, it should be updated.

I don't do windows, so the mutex stuff for windows is just blind
programming.

> Marked Waiting on Author.
>
> BTW -- sorry if I seem to be picking on your patches but these happen to be
> the patches with the longest time since any activity.

Basically, my areas of interest do not match committers' areas of
interest.

v6 is a yet-again blind attempt at fixing the windows mutex. If someone
with a windows could tell me if it is ok, and if not what to fix, it would
be great.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-symbols-6.patch text/x-diff 49.4 KB