Re: pgbench -i progress output on terminal

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench -i progress output on terminal
Date: 2019-11-30 07:27:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Amit,

> I have updated the patch based on these observations. Attached v2.

Patch v2 applies & compiles cleanly, works for me.

I'm not partial to Hungarian notation conventions, which is not widely
used elsewhere in pg. I'd suggest eolchar -> eol or line_end or whatever,
but others may have different opinion. Maybe having a char variable is a
rare enough occurence which warrants advertising it.

Maybe use fputc instead of fprintf in the closing output?

I'm unsure about what happens on MacOS and Windows terminal, but if it
works for other commands progress options, it is probably all right.

--
Fabien.