Re: refactoring - share str2*int64 functions

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: refactoring - share str2*int64 functions
Date: 2019-08-26 09:05:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bonjour Michaël,

>> So I'll set out to write and use "pg_strtou?int64", i.e. 2 functions, and
>> then possibly generalize to lower sizes, 32, 16, depending on what is
>> actually needed.
>
> I am interested in this patch, and the next commit fest is close by.
> Are you working on an updated version? If not, do you mind if I work
> on it and post a new version by the beginning of next week based on
> all the feedback gathered?

I have started to do something, and I can spend some time on that this
week, but I'm pretty unclear about what exactly should be done.

The error returning stuff is simple enough, but I'm unclear about what to
do with pg_uint64, which has a totally different signature. Should it be
aligned?

--
Fabien Coelho - CRI, MINES ParisTech