Re: make libpq documentation navigable between functions

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make libpq documentation navigable between functions
Date: 2019-07-22 20:56:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Peter,

> What I really meant was that you determine the best link target in each
> case. If there already is an id on a <varlistentry>, then use that. If
> not, then make an id on something else, most likely the <function> element.

Ok, sorry I misunderstood.

>> This step is (well) beyond my current XSLT proficiency, which is null
>> beyond knowing that it transforms XML into whatever. Also I'm unsure into
>> which of the 11 xsl file the definition should be included and what should
>> be written precisely.
>
> See attached patch.

Thanks!

Attached script does, hopefully, the expected transformation. It adds ids
to <function> occurrences when the id is not defined elsewhere.

Attached v3 is the result of applying your kindly provided xslt patch plus
the script on "libpq.sgml".

Three functions are ignored because no documentation is found:
PQerrorField (does not exist anywhere in the sources),
PQsetResultInstanceData (idem) and PQregisterThreadLock (it exists).

Doc build works for me and looks ok.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq-links.pl text/x-perl 1.4 KB
doc-libpq-links-3.patch text/x-diff 136.7 KB